The Merrickville Heritage Classic offers virtual options for the 2K, 5K, 10K and half-marathon.
- Can’t run with us here on Race Day? Register for a Virtual Run.
- Track your run on your smart phone or other tracking device, then, if you wish, you may post your result! (Information with the link on posting results will be sent closer to the run date)
- Send us a picture of you and/or your team and we will post on our website.
- You will receive a well earned participation medal made specifically for Run Merrickville at our local foundry.
Virtual Race Safety Recommendations
(The Athletics Ontario website lists the following recommendations for Virtual Race Safety):
- Follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus
- Pre-plan your route with safety in mind. Websites like https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ can help you source the correct distance and allow you to pick routes with the least amount of busy street intersections
- Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day
- Adhere to social distancing practices while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather
- Bring fuel, hydration and hand sanitizer, avoid public water fountains
- Carry a cell phone with you during your virtual race and tell someone the route you are running in case of an emergency